Centerville: 940 East Franklin Street, Centerville, OH 45459
Title: Autobody Technician
Created/Revised: November 2021
The Autobody Technician is responsible for repairing damaged vehicle body parts in accordance with company specifications, processes and time standards. The Autobody Technician is skilled in analyzing, assessing and fixing damaged vehicles. This role is responsible for repairing, replacing and refinishing outer body parts. This position will also be skilled in fixing internal automotive structures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repairs vehicles per estimate and according to established standards. This position prepares vehicles for body repair work. Additionally, the Autobody Technician will be challenged with restoring bodywork to its original condition. This may include removing damaged parts and installing replacement parts utilizing specialized tools to repair the damage and realign structural components.
- Communicates with management regarding any additional repairs that may be needed on a customer’s vehicle. Notifies management of any difficulties or problems that may prevent a quality job from being performed or cause a change in the promised completion/delivery time.
- Maintains tools and equipment in good working order. Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner. Ensures that work area is organized, clean and free of safety hazards.
- Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including eye protection.
- Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles, often dependent upon schedule and even area of expertise.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal.
- Solid working knowledge of the processes, techniques and materials used in repairing automotive equipment with a minimum of 1-3 years of experience working in the collision repair arena.
- Possess extensive knowledge of vehicle structure to remove and replace damaged components, such as doors, windscreens and fenders.
- Demonstration of safety precautions required in performing the work in this position.
- Possess a strong attention to detail in addition to the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strength to perform average lifting up to 35 pounds and occasionally over 70 pounds.
- Demonstrated agility, equilibrium and coordination as required when climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling and balancing under precarious conditions.
- Strong arm, hand and finger dexterity with demonstrated physical capacity to reach, handle, finger and feel.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, production oriented environment.
This position description is intended to be dynamic and subject to change. Position requirements and essential functions may be altered from time to time based upon the needs of the organization and department. This position may be required to execute special projects or other related duties on occasion.