Middletown: 3363 Cincinnati Dayton Road, Middletown, OH 45044
Created/Revised: February 2021
The Estimator is primarily responsible for determining the approximate cost associated with the vehicle’s damages and determining the timeline by which the repairs can be made. The Estimator is also in charge of negotiating insurance payment and communicating costs to customer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examines all parts of vehicle that appear to be damaged that require repair, replacement, or repainting
- Assess vehicle damage though inspections
- Estimates the cost of labor and car part to repair damage on the vehicle
- Prepare insurance forms to show repair cost estimate
- Communicates to customer in a professional manner the damage of vehicle and answers any questions that the customer may have about vehicle, costs, and insurance
- Draft work order with required repair and enter it into CollisionRight’s system
- Keep a record of all repairs in company file
- Solid working knowledge of the processes, techniques and materials used in repairing automotive equipment with a minimum of 1-3 years of experience working in the collision repair arena
- Possess extensive knowledge of vehicle structure to remove and replace damaged components, such as doors, windscreens and fenders
- Demonstration of safety precautions required in performing the work in this position
- Possess a strong attention to detail in addition to the ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Strength to perform average lifting up to 35 pounds and occasionally over 70 pounds
- Demonstrated agility, equilibrium and coordination as required when climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling and balancing under precarious conditions
- Strong arm, hand and finger dexterity with demonstrated physical capacity to reach, handle, finger and feel
- Strong negotiation skills along with a commitment to servicing the customer
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, production oriented environment.
This position description is intended to be dynamic and subject to change. Position requirements and essential functions may be altered from time to time based upon the needs of the organization and department. This position may be required to execute special projects or other related duties on occasion.